REVIEW: L.A. Girl Gel Liner


L.A. Girl Gel Liner Kit in GEL724 Brown Shade

Hello! Here's another review of a product by one of my favorite brands, L.A. Girl. As you may know, Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade has been pretty popular since the rise of 'on fleek' eyebrows. But since it isn't a drugstore brand, it doesn't seem to be very affordable and accessible here in the Philippines. So, instead of getting a knock-off one or what is so-called 'SG authentic,' which is NOT actually authentic, why not use a dupe which is much cheaper, but has a great quality and is 100% safe?

In 2015, I started to get obsessed with my eyebrows. I've tried other brands like Ever Bilena and San-san, which are actually good, too, for its price. However, I became interested with L.A. Girl, when I got to try my sister-in-law's Endless Auto Eyeliner because I noticed that it is very long lasting. Then, I started seeing this gel liner all over Shopee (tell you I'm a Shopee shopaholic), so I decided to give it a go since it only costs Php250.00, which is actually cheaper than the mall price of Php315.00

(c) L.A. Girl - lagirlusa.com
This is what it actually looks like. It has a brand logo on the cover, which easily fades like mine, and comes with a brush, which I don't use because I prefer an angled one.


This is what the swatch looks like. As you can see, it is very pigmented and easy to blend. But I suggest you do it a little fast, because once it dries out, you might have a hard time getting the result that you want.


This is how it turned out when I smudged it with water. So yep, I'd say this is waterproof, and I recommend you use it when you go outing at the beach!


This how my brows look like bare. I'm sorry it looks really messy because I haven't had it groomed in a while.


This is how I look like with my brows drawn on. I like how it still gives a kind of natural look when I don't feel like putting a heavy makeup on.



This is me using the same product but in Dark Brown shade. I actually think this fits me better, but the Brown shade looks more natural. By the way, it also comes in Very Black shade, which best suits for people with natural black hair. You may also use this as an eyeliner since it's actually the true purpose of this product.

VERDICT

PROS:
  • Very pigmented
  • Easy to blend
  • Long lasting
  • Smudgeproof and waterproof
  • Good dupe for ABH Dipbrow Pomade
  • Affordable (costs Php315.00 in malls; Php250.00 online)
  • Accessible (available in L.A. Girl Kiosks and online; got mine from Shopee seller @makeupholics)

CONS:
  • None, so far. I'm in love with this product!

RATING: 5.0 out of 5.0

Would I repurchase? Definitely! Though I'm waiting for BeautyMNL to restock ABH Dipbrow Pomade, because I would like to try and see the differences between these two.

I hope this review is pretty helpful for you. If you have thoughts and opinion, do not hesitate to share it in the comments below. Thanks for reading!
REVIEW: L.A. Girl Gel Liner REVIEW: L.A. Girl Gel Liner Reviewed by Lyka on November 23, 2016 Rating: 5

12 comments:

  1. I have a looot of brow products already but I've been looking for a good dupe for the Dip Brow as well (although, like you, I haven't actually tried it) so I'm curious to try this one out! The color looks really nice and pigmented too!

    Sam | My Beauty Cloud

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally recommend you try this one out. So worth it! :-)

      Delete
  2. Wow! Looks great!!

    http://www.brooklynglam.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. The final result is amazing!! I purchased a brow product last week and I love it, brows were my least favorite thing to do but now I love experimenting! x

    Yiota
    PinkDaisyLoves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to feel the same. A little warning though, it can be really addictive haha! :)

      Delete
  4. Thank you for the review on this, this is the first time I'm reading about LA Girl gel liner. Is this actually a gel liner and you used it for your brow or is it a brow pomade?

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thanks for reading. It is actually a gel liner I used for my brows. It works great though and many people do the same, and even the salesladies at L.A. Girl recommend it for eyebrow use. :)

      Delete
  5. Wow I'm so impressed at how waterproof it is!! I am extremely picky with my eye makeup because I don't want anything that would smudge or oxidize too easily. I love how this one seems smudgeproof! Also, your brows look really good, definitely on point

    ~Andrea Tiffany~
    aglimpseofglam.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so true. It can get really annoying looking on point at the beginning of the day but then looking like a melted candle in the end. I think this product would be perfect for you. Thanks for dropping by! :)

      Delete
  6. Haven't tried this one yet, so I'm glad to know your thoughts on it! Have a great Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a great review! Wow, your brows look amazing!!! You have some awesome talent there with creating the perfect brow!
    xo Debbie | www.tothineownstylebetrue.com

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.