The Versatile x Sunshine Blog Award

HOLA! First of all, I'd like to say that I've really missed blogging. As you can see, I've been busy for a while now since school started weeks ago, and my professors just won't stop giving us assignments, which is quite new to me, because my previous academic year wasn't as busy as this one. Anyway, I'll blog about this later.

For now, let me just say thank you to Danielle for nominating my blog again to another award. The first one was for The Versatile Award, which I've been tagged a month ago, but I totally forgot, and I'm really sorry about it, to be honest. :-( And now, she tagged me to The Sunshine Blog Award, so I decided I'd be blogging about both at the same time. :-)


The Versatile Blogger Award Rules:
  • If you are nominated, you’ve been awarded the Versatile Blogger award. Thank the person who gave you this award. That’s common courtesy. 
  • Include a link to their blog. That’s also common courtesy — if you can figure out how to do it. 
  • Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly. ( I would add, pick blogs or bloggers that are excellent!)
  • Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award — you might include a link to this site. 
  • Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.

To follow the first rule, I'd like to, again, extend my gratitude to Danielle of Midnight Blues for nominating me to this award. She is such a good online friend. Not only her blog is well-kept, but her posts are also really great you'd like to keep in touch. To be honest, I have not been really close to other bloggers (Tumbloggers don't count heh), so it was such a relief to have her as one of my good friends. You guys should check out her blog here: Midnight Blues.

I feel like a total bitch for doing this, but forgive me I'm afraid it's too much work to nominate other bloggers. *sigh* I mean, everyone deserves to be nominated to this kind of awards, but I'm just too tired nowadays, I can't even go blogwalking. I'm really sorry but let me pass for now. :-(

7 FACTS ABOUT ME: (These are really basic/random facts so...)
1. I have the worst social anxiety! :-(
I think I've already mentioned it before, but anyway, I'm saying it again, because I can't get over the fact that I'm too socially awkward I want to faint when being around people alone. Or sometimes, even when not alone, it's just, I hate being around people, like, when visitors come over to my house, I'll just hide in my room until they leave, sucks. :-(
 2. I can't sleep without blanket on.
I don't know if this makes me weird, but it's true. Even when I'm bathing in my own pool of  sweat, I'd still put a blanket on, because I feel like someone's going to barge in my room and see me naked, even though I don't sleep naked. Whatever! Just not having a blanket on makes me feel naked.
3. I'm a Directioner!
Yayyy! Okay who doesn't know? Geez. I just love One Direction so much it hurts! I love their music and their personality and their whole being I don't even know. My family and some of my friends don't get why, but hey, sometimes you like a thing and you just like it so much you can't stop admiring it, and that's the thing, I can't stop.
4. I didn't cry watching The Fault in Our Stars.
What the heck? Why is this even on the list? Hahaha! But anyway, call me a cold-hearted bitch, but it's true, I didn't cry watching the movie and it sucks, because it makes me feel like a total bitch (again, and I'm starting to believe it *sigh*) Anyway, I think I cried reading the book, although I'm not so sure. I still love Hazel and Augustus, though!
5. I like thrift and online shopping.
It started when I went to college and started being practical. I'd say practical, because I used to be a spender. I mean, not really a big time spender, but I'd rather go to malls and buy pricey stuff than putting secondhand items on myself. But hey! When I tried buying preloved items once, it just felt good, and now I just can't stop ha!
6. I adore my high school friends more than the college ones.
Sometimes, I feel like such a worthless friend to my college buddies because I'd always choose my high school friends over them. I'm not sure why, but being with them feels like I'm missing something that can be filled when I'm with my high school friends. Probably because I've been friends with my high school friends for 5 years now and only a year with my college friends.
7. My goal in life is to work in Hollywood.
Tough one, eh? But yes, I'm serious! For your information, I really like watching movies made in Hollywood, and that pushed me to dreaming to be part of their staff. Gosh! I don't even know how to work in Philippine Media Industry, and I'm actually longing to go international. Ha! Just let me dream, because it's the only free thing in the world ha ha!

Now, let's move on to the Sunshine Blogger Award. This is my first time to have encountered this award, tbh. So I'm thrilled to have been tagged, again, by Danielle of Midnight Blues. You guys go check out her blog! :-)

The Sacred Rules of The Sunshine Blog Award
  • Post a picture of the sunshine blog award. 
  • Link back to the blogger who nominated you.
  • Share 11 facts about yourself.
  • Answer 11 questions from the blogger who nominated you.
  • Nominate 11 bloggers that brought sunshine to your blogging experience and inform them about your post.
  • Write 11 questions for your nominated bloggers.

Since I've already done the steps 1 & 2, let's move on to step 3.

11 Facts About Myself
  1. Shoes are my guilty pleasure. I don't like to admit it at first, but I've always known it deep inside me.
  2. I pretend not to care about what others think, but I do. Sometimes they affect me big time, but most of the time, I'm just used to them.
  3. I'm a frustrated writer. I write most of the time. I write through blogging, through tweeting, or when I'm assigned to write an essay. But the truth is, I want to be an author; to write a story that will make people recognize me for writing it. Though, I always fail. :-(
  4. I'm a big time procrastinator. I suck, like, all the time. I don't know how I've become this lazy, but I sure am. If I can do a thing now, I still won't do it until the day before it's due. It's because I always think that it's okay, I can do this tomorrow instead. So there.
  5. I'm always pissed off. I'm just always pissed off even when I have nothing to be pissed off about. Idk, maybe it's because of the environment, since I don't like people at my school that much, or because the heat is just too much it's killing my vibes.
  6. I can't live without my phone. I'm not overacting here, it's just, my phone is my source of everything  — of news, information, whereabouts. I can't afford to lose a phone, because then, it's like I'm being out of this world, especially when I'm at my dorm, wherein I have no WiFi, so I always have to use my cellular data just to have access to the internet.
  7. I don't take things seriously. Most of the time, at least. I always take things as joke, that sometimes, I don't even know if I am or someone is joking, or not.
  8. I don't always care. I've learned that if you care, you're getting yourself pulled into being affected, and I don't like to be affected by people, because it's making me stressed, or sometimes depressed, and it sucks.
  9. I'm easily attracted to tall, pale, and skinny guys. I'm not the girl who always drools for abs and biceps, unless the guy is really hot hot, like, Daniel Matsunaga hot, or Adam Levine hot. If you've read Eleanor and Park, I'd say Park is my ideal guy, and he's physically fit into my type ha!
  10. I suck at almost everything. I suck at singing, dancing, writing, talking, playing instrument — just almost everything. I can't really think of the thing I'm best at, probably because there's nothing.
  11.  I used to be simply happy. I used to be good at dancing and communicating with people. I used to have no problem being with different people, and I used to be happy that way. I don't know how I've become what I am today, but I guess it just happens all the time; change, I mean. I'm not really happy now, but I'm not sad either, so I think change makes sense.
QUESTIONS ASKED BY DANIELLE

1. What completes your day?
I'm not really sure what completes my day, I mean, nothing in particular. I won't say giving happiness to people or making them smile makes my day complete, because then, I'd be lying. I live in a dorm during weekdays, and it sucks. I think having my homeworks done completes my day, or seeing my high school friends and catch a movie and eat dinner with them. Buying new pair of shoes or other stuff I like also completes my day, so is finishing reading a book. Though, these things don't regularly happen so I'd say nothing really in particular completes my day.
2. Are you going to pursue blogging? If not, what is it that you are passionate about and will pursue?
I don't think I'm going to pursue blogging as a career. I'd still blog though even when I get old, or so I hope. But for now, I think I'd like to pursue writing, from short stories to novels in particular. I like writing, but I don't think I have wide enough range of imagination to fulfill my dream of having a story done. Sometimes, I'd start writing and then suddenly get lazy to go on. But I'm not going to stop here and will try to write as much as I want whenever I have the chance.
3. Do you believe in forever?
Of course I do. People don't believe in forever because their heart had once been broken by a certain person who made a promise to love them forever. But for me, I do believe that it exists, because...
(1) I love my family, and I will love them forever. Death is not a reason for love to fade, I believe.
(2) I believe in God, and I believe that He will love us forever.
(3) The world may vanish, the sun and stars may disappear, the universe may explode, but time will run forever, even if it is the only thing that exists.
4. How close are you to God?
I'm not that of a religious person, but I have faith in God. I don't go to church on Sundays, but that doesn't mean I'm a bad person. I'm not sure how close I am to God, but I can feel that He is close to my heart.
5. What one piece of advice would you offer a newborn child?
Let's assume the child is a she. I'd tell her not to rush things. Rushing things is like skipping; thinking too much about the future is forgetting to seize the present. She is a now an infant, but soon she will grow up. I'd just tell her that she should act her age, enjoy being at her age and not worry about wanting to be older just because she thinks it would be cool, because then she will most likely to miss very wonderful things.
6. Which is worse failing or never trying?
As many people would say, it's better to fail than not try at all, and that goes same for me. If you fail, then you know you'll have to try harder. If you never try, you won't know where you go wrong. If you never try, you will never fail nor succeed. Also, achieving something unexpectedly is one of the best feelings in the world, so we should always give new things a try. :)
7. Have you been the kind of friend you’d want as one?
No. I mean, my friends say that i'm funny and easy to get along with, but to myself, I feel like a bad friend. I am the friend who usually doesn't care, the friend who you won't want to tell your problems, because I have no words of wisdom to say. I'm just that friend. That friend.
8. What are the top five things you cherish in your life?
***THINGS NOT PEOPLE***
1. Phone
2. Netbook
3. Shoes
4. OTRA tour ticket (only until next year though, I just can't think of things ugh)
5. The anklet my sister gave me.
9. Should you be focused on today or tomorrow?
This thing has been bugging me for a while now. I want to live my life now because I'm young and free, but I can't just forget about my future, because I don't want to be the person who is smiling in the yearbook, but crying 10 years after. To be honest, I'm not sure. I advice people to just balance both.
10. What is the lesson you have learned that you can't forget about?
It's that you can't just make out with anybody. People in books and movies had always been cool, until I tried kissing someone I just met, and then I realized it was so gross I'm not going to do that again. (This should be private okay? So let's just keep it a secret heh)
11. If you were given a chance to change something in the world, what would you change and how will you do it?
The thing I want to change in this world the most is poverty. I want to kick poverty out of this world. Poverty is the #1 source of crimes, and it just sucks so much, like, why would some people be drowning in the pool of money, while the others only have a single penny? It breaks my heart when walking along the street of Metro Manila and see beggars  sitting there, pleading people for money and food, until they just die and be completely forgotten. They could be happy people, if only poverty in this world didn't exist. And tbh, I can't change that because (1) I don't have the courage; and (2) I don't have the power. I just feel really sorry for them, but I surely don't know how to get them out of that state. I hope you understand.

So, that's it. Again, I'm not up to nominating others, and I really am sorry for that. But I promise, next time, if I ever got nominated again, I'd try to do better. :-(

Anyway, I am itching to post about my first month of being a sophie in college, so I might post later, or tomorrow, or next week. Nothing much will be included in that, though, but I guess it will make me happy to finally share some things to you after a month of being silent. He he, have a good weekend, though!
The Versatile x Sunshine Blog Award The Versatile x Sunshine Blog Award Reviewed by Lyka on June 28, 2014 Rating: 5

1 comment:

Powered by Blogger.